Conference Chairman | Streaming Summit & EdgeNext
Dan Rayburn is considered to be one of the foremost authorities, speakers, and writers on streaming media technology and online video business models. An avid blogger, author and analyst, Dan is often referred to as the "voice of the industry" and has been quoted in more than a thousand news items by nearly every major media outlet over the past twenty years. His blog is one of the most widely read sites for broadcasters, content owners, Wall Street money managers and industry executives in the online video sector. His articles have been published by the WSJ, NYT, CNN, Huff Post, Fortune, Business Insider, Gizmodo and he has been interviewed on Bloomberg, FOX, CNN, CBS, CNBC, and NPR amongst others. Due to his expertise in the content delivery market, he has also received invitations to speak as a witness at hearings by both the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives on topics pertaining to net neutrality, telecom mergers and content delivery architectures.
Dan is Chairman for the NAB Streaming Summit, a new industry conference he formed with the NAB in 2018, that takes place in Vegas and NYC each year. From 2002-2017 Dan was Executive Vice President for StreamingMedia.com and acted as the chairman for 47 conferences produced during that time. Dan is a Principal Analyst at research and consulting firm Frost & Sullivan, where he publishes market data and analysis on many streaming media technologies and trends across mobile, broadband and last mile networks. Dan is also a sought after expert in patent cases involving video technologies and due to his military background, has been a technical advisor to various DoD agencies. Dan has been a guest lecturer and teacher at numerous academic institutions in the U.S. and abroad, has presented at more than a hundred conferences and has authored/co-authored eight streaming media related books that have sold more than 25,000 copies to date. Dan is also a founding board member of the Streaming Video Alliance, a new industry forum of prominent companies from across the ecosystem that are collaborating to redefine the way online video is streamed for consumers worldwide.
After serving in the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Dan became a certified systems engineer working with Apple Computer and in 1996, he co-founded one of the first webcasting production companies in the industry. After helping to produce some of the largest webcasts on the Internet at the time, the company was successfully acquired for $70M by a large telecommunications provider during the tech bubble of the late nineties. Dan was also the Worldwide Director of the Streaming Media Division for the Globix Corporation, an Internet infrastructure and content delivery network provider headquartered in NYC.
- Welcome and Edge Market Overview: Dan Rayburn, Conference Chairman, EdgeNext Summit | Mon. October 15 - 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Track A: Getting Closer to the Eyeballs: What's Next for the Edge | Mon. October 15 - 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- Track A: State of The Edge: What Applications and User Will Make or Break the Need for the Edge | Mon. October 15 - 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Fireside Chat: NBC Sports Group/Playmaker Media - Delivering the Biggest Audiences for the Biggest Events | Wed. October 17 - 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Fireside Chat: Hulu - A Fresh Take on Advertising in the Living Room - Reaching Audiences in OTT | Wed. October 17 - 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Track C: Fireside Chat: Cheddar - The Future of the "Post-Cable" TV News Network | Wed. October 17 - 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Track C: Fireside Chat: AT&T - Personalized Streaming Experiences Through Efficiency | Wed. October 17 - 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- Track A: Fireside Chat: Google and TotalPlay - Bringing Addressability to Every Screen, Including Linear Television | Wed. October 17 - 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Monetizing OTT & Digital | Wed. October 17 - 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM
- Fireside Chat: Sling TV - Adapting to Customers' Changing Viewing Habits | Thu. October 18 - 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Fireside Chat: Comcast - Building an Aggregator of Aggregators | Thu. October 18 - 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Track C: Fireside Chat: PlayStation Vue - The Future of TV | Thu. October 18 - 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Track C: Fireside Chat: Facebook - Video and the Future of Immersive Experiences | Thu. October 18 - 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- Track C: Fireside Chat: FuboTV - Building a Live TV Streaming Service | Thu. October 18 - 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM