Senior Vice President, Distribution | FOX Networks
As Senior Vice President, Distribution, Sherry Brennan specializes in network & content deals for emerging distribution partners such as Hulu and YouTubeTV. She is also responsible for evaluating new business models and new entrants wishing to license FN's TV content, strategic research related to video distribution, special markets deals (hotels, military bases, airlines, etc.), and manages the company's content protection evaluations for new entrants. She has also provided expert testimony in several copyright protection lawsuits including the high profile Aereo case which was heard at the US Supreme Court.
Before joining FN in 2005, Sherry spent seven years with Cablevision in New York, serving as Vice President, PPV & Enhanced Video Products, and nearly two years as Programming Consultant for the cable provider's high-definition satellite service, VOOM. Prior to Cablevision, she served as Director of Operations for Los Angeles' Falcon Cable TV. She began her career as a macro-economic forecaster at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. She holds a Master's Degree in Economics from Iowa State University.
Sherry has served as WICT Chapter president in both NYC and SoCal and is a member of class IV of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute. She has been recognized for leadership and business acumen by the following organizations:
- 2018 – ITVT – "ITV All-Star Award"
- 2016 – Multichannel News – "Top 6 Women in Technology"
- 2016 – Alliance for Women in Media – "Genii Award"
- 2015 – Southern California Chapter of WICT – "LEA Award"
- 2014 – Broadcasting & Cable – "Digital All-Star"
- 2012 – Multichannel News & the New York Chapter of WICT – "Wonder Woman Award"
- 2010 to Present – CableFAX "100 Most Powerful Women in Cable"
Sherry also devotes time to lobbying Congress in support of nutrition assistance programs, and was recognized for Distinguished Service in this capacity by the Food Action Resource Center in June 2017. She lives in LA with her son.
- Track A: Using OTT Consumer Data to Determine What, How and Why Viewers Want to Watch | Thu. October 18 - 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM